AUV Sim provides the following features
- Flexible and easy to use facility to create and edit a new vehicle from scratch
- Body elements – static bodies and fins and lights
- Actuators – ducted fans, swivelling thrusters, hydroplanes, moving and variable ballast
- A Control Allocation module which enables the actuators to be connected to the autopilots
- A list of sensors which can be enabled, and error characteristics that are configurable to mimic what is expected on the real vehicle
- Serial and Ethernet interfaces, fully configurable to transmit data using the appropriate sentence formats – many dozens of sentences supported
- Built-in data logging to Matlab MAT format and to csv
- Event logging
- Joystick interface
- Built-in autopilots for heading, speed, track, attitude, depth and height over seabed
- Plan view supporting charts, geotiffs, and the ability to view from horizontal directions
- A fully configurable front end, allowing the user to add dials, digital readouts, LEDs, sliders and buttons to support a wide range of features
- External control inputs, so that the simulator can accept commands from a third party autopilot or from SPECTRE in a variety of formats
Using AUV Sim, you can build your chosen vehicle; test drive it, adjust its configuration until the performance and maneuverability meets your mission requirements; then connect it to SPECTRE to perform hardware in the loop simulation so as to verify how it can be controlled. This means that you can develop a good understanding of the expected behaviour of your hardware before putting hardware into water.
There are a large number of sensor outputs, both standard and proprietary.
If you would like to see a working demonstration of the AUV Sim software please use the contact form below to request the software.